According to several studies, elderberry can help boost immunity. No plant has attracted scientific scrutiny like elderberry. Its immune-boosting potential is what has convinced scholars that it can be useful for health and wellness.
- Leading scholars have lauded the benefits of elderberry. It is constantly being featured by top media outlets.
A person who is afflicted with disease stands to benefit from this plant. That doesn’t mean that you should stop using medication and only use elderberry because of elderberry vitamins benefits. You should only use these berries to support your medication.
Food is Medicine
Your food can be your medicine. Food can either support your health or ruin it. Elderberry has many culinary purposes. Food that has elderberry will heal your body from the inside out. This is the kind of food that you need to eat instead of eating processed foods such as burgers and French fries.
- You can use elderberries in preparing crumbles and pies. The final product will not only have a delicious taste but it will also be packed with antioxidants that will heal your body.
- Since time immemorial, elderberry has been used in making wine. A glass of elderberry wine every day will help you to live longer.
- You should try out elderberry soup. You can find recipes online that will help you to prepare this kind of soup.
The Healing Plant
Elderberry has been called the healing plant. The healing power of this plant is backed by science. Hippocrates mentioned elderberry in his writings. He emphasized elderberry vitamins benefits. He considered this to be an important plant to have in the medical chest.
In most ancient cultures, elderberry was widely used for health and wellness. The Native Americans considered it to be an important plant. They used it to treat a wide range of infections. In ancient Egypt, it was used for beauty purposes.
Elderberry is highly nutritious. There are several elderberry vitamins benefits. They include vitamin C, vitamin E, and vitamin B. These vitamins are important for health. Vitamin C is vital for growth and development. It is required for the proper absorption of minerals. This will help you to have strong bones and teeth.
- Vitamin C from elderberry will also help your skin. It plays a role in the formation of collagen, which gives the skin its suppleness. Without an adequate supply of vitamin C, you will have rough and wrinkled skin.
- Elderberry is also packed with dietary fiber. This is needed for ultimate wellbeing. Fiber will support the digestion process. If your diet lacks fiber, you will have problems digesting food. This will make it hard for you to obtain full nutrition from food.
- When talking about elderberry, it is not only about elderberry vitamins benefits. This plant also has small amounts of protein and fat. Every cell in your body is made up of proteins. You need an adequate supply of protein for the repair of cells. If your diet lacks protein, you will become sick.
Your Diet Should Have Healing Plants
You should make elderberry and other healing plants to be part of your diet. This is the kind of diet that will nourish your body. You need a well-balanced diet. Such a diet has all the major nutrients including minerals, proteins, starch, and vitamins.
Role in Fighting Inflammation
Because it is loaded with antioxidants, elderberry helps to fight inflammation. Most diseases are caused when cells become inflamed. Elderberry will help in slowing down the rate of inflammation. This will help your heart, lungs, skin, and other organs.
Elderberry Can Reduce Cold & Flu
According to a study by Harvard University, elderberry can help fight cold and flu. It can be beneficial for influenza. However, you should use it as a supportive agent while still using your medication. That means that you shouldn’t forego your flu medication even if you believe in the power of elderberry vitamins benefits.
The leaves of the elder plant are known to have pain relief qualities. Elderberry offers 100% natural pain relief. It is the perfect alternative for pharmaceutical painkillers which are made using many chemicals. These painkillers are usually not very effective in fighting pain. In addition, it is easy to be addicted to them.
- When the conventional painkillers fail, you should try something natural such as elderberry. This is devoid of harmful chemicals and it will also boost your immunity.
Elderberry is Good for Heart Health
Nowadays, many people complain of heart problems. Heart disease is the number one killer in the world. Every year, millions of people die because of heart problems. These are caused by lifestyle issues.
Elderberry juice will help in reducing cholesterol, which is the primary cause of coronary problems. This will reduce the risk of heart disease.
Studies show that the European elder can help in fighting cancer. It is possible to prevent different types of cancer by regularly eating elderberry. As it is commonly said, prevention is better than cure. Cancer is one of those diseases that require prevention.
Where is Elderberry Found?
This plant grows in different parts of the world. However, the European elderberry is the one that is commonly used. There is also the American elder.
The European elder can grow to a height exceeding 9 meters. Its flowers are white and the berries are blue.
Which Parts of the Plant are Useful?
Different parts of the elder plants can be used for medicinal or culinary purposes. Some people usually cook using elderberry. The berries need to be cooked before being eaten. For the flowers, you can cook them or eat them raw. They have a very sweet aroma.
Nowadays, there are many elderberry supplements. You need to be very careful about where you source your supplements because some supplements are normally laced with toxic agents.
- You should find a reputable brand of supplements. You need to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer when using a product.
Using elderberry supplements is not bad. However, it is always advisable to use the natural elderberry that has not undergone any processing, if you can access it. If you can’t access it, you should consider supplementation.
Elderberry will improve your physical and mental health. It will help in fighting stress, anxiety, and depression. Many ailments can be successfully treated using elderberry. This will help you to avoid the toxic effects of medication.